<VV> Convertible Rear Window

Robert Henry robertkhenry at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 28 13:50:25 EST 2011

Unzipping as recommended might keep the curtain looking nice longer. When the top is stowed without unzipping, the curtain must fold as it stacks in the well. One time I lowered the top without unzipping and the curtain cracked as it folded. Admittedly, it WAS old and the temperature was low. When unzipped, the curtain can lie almost flat. You'll probably need to leave the top unlatched while zipping the window back in.

Another feature of the unzipped window is that you can ventilate without lowering the top, offering a flow-through breeze without hot sun if desired.

I usually just leave it zipped-- eliminates one more thing to deal with.

GM is probably the cheapest bunch of bean-counters you could hope to encounter. If they spent money on a zipper, you have to figure there must be a good reason for it to be there.

Robert Henry
Knoxville, TN
'65 Corsa Convertible Turbo

Sent from my iPad