<VV> Cabin Heater - Water?

Les Honke corvair at mymts.net
Thu Dec 29 11:26:54 EST 2011

To heat the water from the engine cooling air would take a long time.

How about a heat pipe arrangement with one heat exchanger in the cooling
air stream and one in the defroster duct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe

Or if you're just concerned about exhaust gases and other engine smells
in the heating air, you could rig a VW-Beetle-style heater where air is
taken off the cooling fan before it blows across the engine, and
directed to a shroud around the exhaust manifold. Small aircraft heaters
work the same way.

Les