<VV> Corsa 140 noises

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Dec 29 19:22:38 EST 2011

I never had the shroud in the way of the alternator bolt.

Try a 3/8" drive 9/16 socket on a short extension (3-4"). There are 1/4"
drive 9/16 sockets, but they are rare and not good for a lot of torque.
Should be adequate for an alternator bolt.

Force the socket to push the shroud out of the way. Loosen several
shroud bolts in the vicinity of the alternator/oil cooler

Frank DuVal