<VV> Corvair heater

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Thu Dec 29 20:48:31 EST 2011

Interesting concept. The problem is there will always be a constant supply of heat from the exhaust manifolds but there won't be a constant demand for heat in the passenger compartment (especially in summer), so there needs to be a way to dump the excess heat. It would probably work if he put another oil cooler (or radiator) in front of car, similar to trunk A/C setups, with a couple of tees and a diverting valve to allow a variable flow of hot water through the cabin heater core, similar to the way water-cooled car heater systems work.

Bill Hubbell