<VV> Thermostat bellows

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Fri Dec 30 20:08:21 EST 2011

John O'Shea wrote:

"Sorry to bring some bad news Chuck, but I installed two new thermostats
from

Clark's not long ago.

One of those outrageously expensive little babies went belly up after a

little over 250 miles.

There are still a few NOS thermostats around, but after so many years who

knows?

The repros have a pretty bad track record."

I hear this from a lot of folks, and I don't doubt it for a minute.
However, I must add that I have a set of repros in my 66 that have been in
the car for 5 years now and about 26, 000 miles and so far so good.
(Fingers crossed in case I just jinxed myself.)  Also, I believe Clark's
will make good on a set that only last 250 miles.

Still sad to say, John is right.  The repros certainly don't stack up to the
originals.

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY

66 Monza 140/4 speed