<VV> Subject: Rear seat belts in EM 4 door

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 23:11:02 EST 2011

That is how I installed the rear belts in my late hardtop, also.  I
used a black tar like sealer around the holes and under the washers to
seal out moisture.  I had to remove the rear bottom of the seat in
order to reach the attachment points in the interior.  BTW, since it
is an early, you may want to consider five point harnesses ... he, he,
he...

Stephen Upham
CORSA
NTCA
'65 Monza hardtop, PG, AC, AM-FM, Oil bath filter, Sierra Tan, Saddle

Bob,

On the EMs I've had and have, I use large body washers (3" in diamter)
on
the backside. As long as the sheetmetal is solid, you'll be fine. BTW,
there
are dimples in the sheetmetal to guide you where to put the holes.
Also, see
this link for a drawing.<http://autoxer.skiblack.com/nallm/62-4seatbelts.pdf