<VV> sound proofing

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:40:49 EST 2011

Kevin, yes, I bought peel and seal from Lowes. Its an aluminum lined 5
layer rubber type compound that does not hold moisture and is self
stick. It comes in 6 inch wide strips 25 feet long, I think, for about
$16 a roll. I basically cleaned the hat shelf, back wall and area
under the rear seat and cut it to fit and covered the upper, lower and
sides of the hat shelf area and then down the back and under the seat.
Will do the rest when the weather keeps the garage consistently
warmer.

It shields sound and helps deaden the area by minimizing vibration.
The hat shelf, with the design of the car, is a loud speaker pointed
directly forward. I lined the hat shelf, and after I get the EFI
computer installed on the shelf, I'm going to make a cover that is
also covered in this stuff, to keep that noise out completely.Would
work great in other places too, I would imagine, but when I do the
doors I probably will get some undercoating and spray in there.  Mark
Durham