<VV> Corvair recognized as entry level collectible

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 13:42:34 EST 2011

Yes, I remember it well. Carol was with Group Corvair, and I was with
Chesapeake, and both clubs lobbied the DMV to allow the Corvair antique
status.
Slight correction here; the requirements at the time for antique status was
it had to be 25 years or older for historic tags. The new provisions were
for cars no longer in production, regardless of age, be granted antiques. I
think the issue was that, yes, the corvair was no longer made, but the
parent, Chevrolet was. A grey area.