<VV> Sound Proofing (Peel & Seal info)

taruffi57 at aol.com taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 20:40:02 EST 2011

We use Peel & Seal all the time in flashing and leak repairs on aluminum carports, etc.  Some of you know I have been in the Roofing profession for 33 yrs.  I wouldn't buy it at Lowes though as most any roofing supply house will have it in 4", 6", 12", 18" and even 36 inch rolls.  Obviously, you can cut from the wider rolls and avoid having so many seams  Just wipe the area off good - assuming there is no oil/water or crud that would prevent sticking.  We use a small silicone hand roller to press it in.  Must be used in warm weather to stick good or you can use a hair dryer to heat it and the surface you are putting it on.  It will not stick if it is cold.

I've not heard of it being used to soundproof or insulate a car floorpan, but I suppose it would work.  It's made with a thin white or foil- aluminum top side.  Rather than an very involved tearout of the interior panels on my Rialta RV to fix a roof separation, I put a 4" strip across the top.
One Thing:  Once this stuff is stuck down when warm, you AIN'T gonna get it up.....

Joe Dunlap
Florida

=