<VV> sound proofing

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:27:38 EST 2011

Actually, there is no easy answer. (OK, turning up the radio volume is
a easy answer). But if you want to fix them, you need to do a bit of
sleuthing to do so. Have someone else drive the car and you do the
looking. Things that rattle are loose. Things that squeak are rubbing
on something else, and so forth. Just have the car driven like when
you hear the squeaks or rattles, and go hunt for them. Push, pull,
pry, apply pressure, to whatever you think is causing the noise and
see if it gets better or worse. If the noise is outside the passenger
compartment, you need to do a thorough inspection of all items in the
area and see what is loose, worn out, or broken. There should not be
any clunks, major squeaks or rubbs, unless you have modified the car.
Or, like in my case, my car is pretty much all original and after 49
years the springs are weak, so when someone else gets into the front
seat with me and I turn sharp, the tires rub the wheel wells. I need
to replace those springs.  Mark Durham