<VV> 60-62 Road draft tube mount and seal

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 14:11:27 EST 2011

I thought it was an O ring.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of tkalp at cox.net
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 1:45 PM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 60-62 Road draft tube mount and seal

Getting ready to put the road-draft tube on my '61 Greenbrier engine.  It
has a smaller bead or bump on the end that goes into the top cover than
later PVC engines.  Looks like there was a fiber washer that slipped over
the pipe and was used to clamp onto with the standard fork clamp.  The
washer I had broke and Clark's part is discontinued.  So how are you guys
mounting and sealing the road draft tube?

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS
the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org