<VV> Too Much Oil

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 23:05:40 EST 2011

Thanks for all the input, was just wondering, as I noted that at the last
oil change, even putting in the proper amount, my oil level was just
slightly  above the full mark.  No smoking, runs fine.  I also noted the  language
in the book when I changed the oil in the new Silverado.

Todd

In a message dated 2/15/2011 9:43:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
vairologist at cox.net writes:

> OK great guru's, a question for you.  I have  heard and read about the
> evils of having too much oil in an engine  and have often wondered what
> actually happens to a Corvair engine (or  other V designs) that has too
> much oil added to the crankcase.   What happens?  What is damaged?  I am
> assuming that various  dipsticks can read differently, or can "slip"
> causing inaccurate  measurements.  Just how much "extra oil" does is take
> to cause  the problems; 1/4 quart, 1/2 quart, 1 quart, 2  quarts,????
the property
of  the writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options: