<VV> Too Much Oil

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:35:28 EST 2011

Before taking my engine apart last fall, I took the top cover off to
check the condition of the cam. The oil level in my 62 102 engine was
at the bottom of the cam. The forward lobe was facing down and was in
the oil. This is with a std pan and close to the full mark. Once the
engine starts and oil fills all the galleries and sprays all over the
place, the level must drop but how much extra is allowed before major
foaming can happen is anyones guess, unless someone out there has
expereinced it.! Anyone?
 Mark Durham