<VV> 61-63 Motor Mount for A/C Cars

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 13:37:28 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/16/2011 10:38:20 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

Can any  of you EM guys tell me the difference between a 61-63 Motor
mount for the  Non A/C Cars and the one for the A/C Cars?  My guess is
there must be  some modification in the metal, perhaps clearance for the
AC  pulley?

TIA for any information you can send.

Best  Regards
Hank

Yo, hank,
The difference is that the EMs with A/C use a different rear hanger that
makes clearance for the A/C pulley on the crank. This moves the actual
hanging  point of the engine rear back by about 1/2 inch. so the rubber A/C motor
mount  has its "bolt"  also moved back by the same amount. The whole setup
for  1961-63 cars w/ A/C is identical to the standard 1964 setup.

I hope that this is clar. if not ask.

BTW, if you had a copy of my book, THE CLASSIC CORVAIR, you could read all
about this along with a pix.

Regards,
Bob Helt