<VV> Too Much Oil In Engine?

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Feb 16 21:01:45 EST 2011

OK, so they are built differently.

I think the point is, at rest you set the oil level. Once the engine starts the oil level drops as it circulates thru the engine. As rpm increases, doesn't the oil get pumped even faster?

A shop teacher had us calculate the oil pump out put at 5,000 rpm. I don't have figures in front of me, but that may be an interesting exercise.

Roy @ exit 77