<VV> Advice needed on throttle shaft repair

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 16:18:05 EST 2011

Is there a methodical way to check whether my throttle shafts are worn
to the point where I need to replace them? As far as I know they're
still the originals on a '63 Monza 80 hp with about 80,000 miles on
the clock. It appears from Clarks catalog that I have a couple choices:

 Engine HOT and idling.. in Drive if a PG

Lightly spray Choke / carb cleaner at the bases... both sides of the carbs...  no change in idle? you're GOOD!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/