<VV> oil

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 14:36:25 EST 2011

One of the things I like about Brad Penn is their current semi-synthetics
are for the flat tappet crowd with adequate amounts of ZDDP. They also make
a break-in oil. We have had them once before at the Performance Workshop,
where after the presentation, the local Dealer sold a pick up truck load of
their oil. At a discount. This will also be the case this year in Indy.  I
think they are the only way to go especially for any performance oriented
driving our Corvairs.

Amsoil does sell a Dominator series with ZDDP for older cars. Many Dealers
are not familiar with it and the distributor took over a week to get me a
couple of cases.

Ray, for a rebuild, I run a hvy in ZDDP oil and change it after a period of
time. Then I go to either the above Amsoil or Brad Penn both for flat tappet
engines. [Joe Gibbs oil is also formulated for flat tappet engines]. I
should point out that Brad Penn is the ONLY oil made entirely from domestic
crude. ALL of the others do buy on the market for their stock, whether they
"make"/refine it here or not.

Chuck S.