<VV> Get your oil II

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 23:36:25 EST 2011

You can  lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink.  In this day and time, I find it hard to believe people can't accept the fact that there is technology out there that far surpasses the dinosaur guts mineral oil we used in the past.  The operative word is "synthetic".  The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what the corvair engine was designed for:  the 15w-40 heavy duty diesel and marine oil from Amsoil works like a million bucks.  It has the highest amounts of zinc and phosphorous out there, it doesn't get thick when cold, it doesn't get thin when hot, it reduces friction something fierce (there by giving the user a 3-5% increase in fuel mileage), and dissipates heat execptionally well.  Not to mention the fact it has a 12 times greater surface tension that petroleum oil, so when it wraps itself around engine parts, it wraps itself around engine parts: dry starts are a thing of the past, and it is also highly detergent.  Not one speck of sludge.  It also has a 25,000 mile drain interval and even comes with a warranty.

   It works so well I use it in my weedeater, push-mower and riding mower.  The push mower is 16 years old and the original 3.5 hp briggs still runs like it was new.  My wifes' 95 Buick has 275,000 miles on the orignal engine and we've only changed the oil in it  8 times. ( It had 75,000 mi on it when we got it)  The crowning jewel is in this months Amsoil magazine: a dude has a '68 Barracuda he's owned since new.  It's his daily driver and It now has 438,000 miles on the ORIGINAL 318.  He said the only work that was done on it was a valve job and timing chain at 350,000 mi.  He uses Amsoil 20w-50 (ARO) in it.  His story first appeared in "Hemming's Classic Car"  November 2010.   "Wisdom is proven right by her works."  Amsoil is only a phone call away.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 84/pg

'65 monza 4dr 110/pg