<VV> LM Tire clearance

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 16:47:58 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/26/2011 12:44:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
paulsgt at earthlink.net writes:

Last  summer I bought a set of 15" x 7" Chevy wheels.  I am considering
using  the 205 x 60 15" tires.  They are going onto my bone-stock 65 Monza
Convertible.  Will I have any clearance issues/concerns?

Thanks  very much!

Paul Sergeant

Paul, the only problem I ever had with your exact set-up was at the  front
of the wheel well. I had to adjust (i.e. hammer) the horizontal portion
where the trunk and the wheel well met. This allowed regular turns without
contact. These were 205-60-15 Goodyear NCT radials on 1985 Camaro Z-28 15 x 7
alloy wheels. Not yet mentioned is that if you have adjusted your front
suspension to present more caster, this usually results in the lower control
arm  moving forward causing less front clearance. Be careful here. Extra
backspace is  your friend, at least until you hit the steering arm!

-Seth Emerson