<VV> Lifters and other topics

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sat Feb 26 19:50:27 EST 2011

The same chief engineer who designed the Chevrolet V8, designed the Corvair
engine.

Automatically-adjusting hydraulic lifters work especially well, with the
greater change in overall
size of an air-cooled engine during very cold to very hot engine cycles.
Cost wasn't a factor, since
Chevy was already producing millions of them for V8 production.

Mel