<VV> Survivor cars

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Fri Jul 1 16:17:08 EDT 2011

Guys,
I drive around one of these 'beaters' Smitty was referencing.  I don't take it to shows; but it still generates lots of interest.  A lot of 'are you going to restore that'?  Some 'what a great rat rod'.  I also get all of the 'I/we/my dad had one of those cars.

I would rather see a tired Corvair driving around every day than a trailer queen that gets out of the garage once or twice a year.  I believe it promotes the Corvair as a real car that a real working class guy can afford to own.  I also think I get more respect than derision in my local clubs - actually using it as a car.

One day I'll have a nice Corvair - but I'll still drive it daily (not in the winter like this one).

That's my opinion.
Andy K.
Wisconsin
63 Monza beater daily driver (all year long)