<VV> About that Corvair...

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Jul 6 10:19:14 EDT 2011

In all the chatter about 1969 convertible #5997 and the price for which
it is being offered, overlooked is the following:

How did we come to be aware that this car is for sale?  The seller
submitted an ad to Hemmings Motor News.  The editors at Hemmings then
selected it as their "Find of the Day" for last Friday, July 1, and
featured it on their blog and their daily subscriber e-mail.

This means that Hemmings found the car to be significant.

This does not mean that Hemmings found the price to be high, low, or
correct.  But Hemmings did find the car to be significant.

This seller has priced his car as compared to other Chevrolet
collectibles of the era, not as compared to the expectations of the
"typical" Corvair owner.  Whether or not his pricing strategy proves
successful is not the point.   The point is that the documented last
Corvair convertible has a place not only in Corvair history, but a place
in automobile history. The correct current value for the car will be set
when the seller and a buyer reach an agreement.

And I just have to say:  On this forum I find the speculations about the
seller's motives to be highly inappropriate.

--Bob Marlow