<VV> Corsa Conventions and kids

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Jul 7 08:12:54 EDT 2011

This is a very good point.  CORSA has a long history of failing to make provisions / provide entertainment to encourage children.  Years ago when I brought my sons to CORSA Conventions they would meet other kids, play in the pool, etc.  Sure, I took them to some of the events but there was nothing at any of those events that was geared to kids.  Upon returning home they would tell their friends of a great vacation but their stories never included the cars!  I would not go so far as to say CORSA, itself, discourages kids attendance but they have done nothing to peak their interests either.

Same with wives.  Not every wife attending conventions has a great interest in the cars.  CORSA has no, other than very expensive side trips, provisions for those wives that are drug there and left to fend for themselves.  And they are pretty 'hard nosed' about keeping it that way!  In 2007 we fought a battle, and won, to provide no cost / low cost activities for those forgotten women right at the convention Hotel.  A total of over 60 women participated!  Still, the lesson was not learned and CORSA did not add women's activities to their regular agenda.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.