<VV> Market Price

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 09:15:50 EDT 2011

I'm also a relative newbie to Vairing and VV and I've appreciated all the help I've been given when asking repetitive and "dumb" questions. But I certainly agree with Kent on this one. I also see what he's talking about re. "Humoroid". It's not funny, to me, to talk about "a bottle of air" or a piece of "poop", etc. Grown men with that kind of humor? Does nothing for me.
As for Alan's car, I've never met the man, wouldn't know him, or his car (#5997), for that matter, if he parked right next to me in a driveup restaurant. I do think I remember reading in the last Communique that he had resigned from the CORSA board "for personal reasons." Could some of those "personal reasons" have to do with the cheap, sniping kind of remarks and humor that have been so prevalent here on VV recently concerning him? I wouldn't doubt it. Those kind of remarks and that kind of attitude are what have kept me from thinking about running for the board. I've dealt with those kind of "small minds" in other board situations and I certainly would never volunteer for it again. Someone I consider very wise once told me, "Great minds think and talk about ideas. Small minds think and talk about people."
One last comment, the prevailing attitudes amongst most Corvair enthusiasts I've spoken to or read words from so far, namely the "It was made to be cheap when GM first built it and it will always be cheap." idea sickens me. If I'd encountered VV BEFORE I bought my '64 Monza Vert to resto-mod, I would have bought something else. As it is, I'v spent three years and over 20 grand making it what I think it deserves to be. Hopefully, when I'm ready to sell it, I'll find another like-minded enthusiast who will meet my asking price without beating me down for asking it. But I'm pretty positive it won't be anyone from the VV culture.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL