<VV> Buffalo 2006

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 12:45:37 EDT 2011

Having attended so many Corsa Conventions over the years, (and every one
since 1980) I have to admit, many of them just slide together in my
memories. My wife and I flew to Buffalo from California, then drove to the  Nelson
Ledges track day and back to Buffalo. The downtown location of the hotel,
had benefits and drawbacks. As Hank mentioned, the parking was tough, not just
 for the trailers. But the close-by downtown area was a constant draw for
us, and  we spent time walking the area, eating at the restaurants. The
Buffalo  hot-wet summer weather was "iffy", but worked out fine. The welcome
party  on the ship was okay. We loved the tour to Niagara Falls and Canada. The
vendor area was right in the middle of the hotel, great for me, since I am
a  vendor. I really enjoyed the Tonawanda factory tour. The autocross at the
Oval  track was fast and fun - I got to drive Rick Norris' car. It couldn't
have  gotten much better! When we leisurely wandered out to the airport on
Sunday to  fly home, I had to admit, I was sorry to leave. Two or three
months later,  I watched the news as Buffalo was hit with a pre-season blizzard
that closed all  the highways and basically shut down the city. Okay, not so
sorry at that point!

Finally - If I mixed up any of the above events, I am apologizing in
advance.

Seth Emerson  - Packing and almost ready to leave  for Denver

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette
San Jose, CA