<VV> gliding

Ray Fuenzalida ray_pilot at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 15:17:01 EDT 2011

Hello Guys,
Just a quick thought - and it's actually Corvair related.

I recently had an article written in the Communique about running out of gas.  During that episode I actually glided 1.7 miles (engine completely off) which is pretty hard to do in flat country. Yes it did involve a big bridge.  But at a meeting yesterday a couple of the guys were discussing mountain driving and some of those long.steep grades.  It got me thinking.
So my question is, "What is the record distance for a power off glide in a Corvair"?
Curious minds just want to know.

Ray
New Orleans