<VV> 4-carb question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 17:07:55 EDT 2011

Bryan Blackwell wrote:

>The secondaries all have stiffer return springs on them, I've never heard of them opening on just the engine vacuum.

It would be my understanding that the 66 and later linkages (I've never
had a set of these) actually have a lockout device to prevent the
secondaries from opening until the primaries are full open -- if the
manifold vac doesn't open the secondaries, why would this lockout be
needed?  Likewise, why would GM have spent the money to change the
linkage?  The 65 linkage is apparently much simpler, and it will open
the secondaries.

The only oem return spring I'm aware of on 65 secondaries is the one in
the accelerator pump hole.

Bill