<VV> 2006 convention

Sam Andolino mandolin at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 21:11:09 EDT 2011

  From: kaczmarek at charter.net

Subject: Re: <VV> 2006 convention

To: 4carbcorvair <4carbcorvair at gmail.com>

Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org

So I guess all the complaints about the small rooms with a/c that didn't
work, the disasterous trailer parking situation, no place to wash your car,
the hotel laid out like the architect was on LSD, the comments afterwards
that said "The best thing about Buffalo was seeing it in my rear view mirror
as I left"----All that is forgotten now?

Scheduling the V V meeting during the Miss Buffalo River Cruise----lclc and
Dennis were on the cruise, and only about 25 people showed up for

our meeting?   Did I imagine all this?  I WAS there.

Y'all have some short-ass memories.   As Buffalo was my home, I took a

lot of those comments personally, and I've NOT forgotten.

I was at Williamsburg 94, Lake Tahoe 99, Daytona 00, Flagstaff 02, Carlisle
03, and Buffalo 06.  I thought Buffalo, much to my chagrin, was the worst of
the lot.

Hank

Let me talk about some SHORT ASS memories.  Some kind VV folks have pointed
out that things happen that are NOT under the control of the host club(s).
We were told to expect X amount of trailers, but 2X showed up.  We had the
TV station parking lot next door lined up, but "lost" it just before the
convention.

When we went to Ventura, teenagers ran around the hotel in the wee hours of
the morning - twice while we were there.  We do NOT blame the host club for
losing sleep.  So why would you blame a club when a hotel has bad A/C or
unruly customers?

And LAST, but NOT LEAST, what about someone who ordered a CUSTOM order XXX
polo shirt, but then RENEGED when they attended the convention?  We never
did find anyone else to purchase such a LARGE shirt.  I wonder if H.K.
conveniently FORGOT?

My mother always said if you can't say something nice then keep it to
yourself.  But she always said to defend yourself (5 years of people holding
a grudge is a bit LARGE).

Sam Andolino

a.k.a - PROUD Buffalo Vendor Chair

a.k.a. - PROUD husband of the Buffalo Website/Publicity Chair