<VV> Corvairs for fun and profit

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 09:11:42 EDT 2011

A car or anything else for that matter is worth exactly what someone is
willing to pay for it.  I don't understand all the "who ha" on this.

Some folks see Corvairs as a good investment because of their condition or
they are firsts of lasts or some other exclusive provenance.  Others see
them as a good time, a chance to wrench on an oldie car and to drive a piece
of the sensational sixties.  Still others drive Corvairs for the social
aspect, to be part of their local club and with their friends at conventions
or parades or other club activities.

Most of us I think do a little of all these.  Its OK!  As long as you are
enjoying the car, it's just fine.

I have only the one Vair.  Its an early and I love it.  But I would be just
as happy with a late model.  For me, its about being on the street in a
remarkable vehicle, unique and a kick to drive.  I may one day sell it, and
will never get back what I have in it, but how do you put a dollar value on
10 years of fun!  Add that in and I'll have made a profit no matter what I
get when I sell it.

Thank goodness 5997 is in good hands.  It's not in a dump somewhere rusting
away.  I'd love to see it someday.  And good for the owner for sticking to
his guns.  Charge what you want to charge.  And be proud to show and drive a
unique piece of history.  (That's how I feel when I drive Vairforce One

Mike in Michigan