<VV> Ultimate roadtrip-Caravan to Denver

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 13:21:48 EDT 2011

For those of you that don't know I live in 1 of the most beautiful parts of the world, Southwest Colorado. If I go North I travel along the San Juan Skyway travelling thru the old historic mining town of Silverton, then into Ouray (nicknamed the Switzerland of America). Scenery is absolutely incredible. I can go to Telluride if I go west from there, Gateway CO if I go northwest, or 6 different National Parks within 4 or 5 hours. Mesa Verde, the Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, and Zion National parks are all unbelievably beautiful. I am 80 miles from the 4 Corners Monument- the only place in America where 4 states all join. The road (US 160) from Cortez Colorado to South Fork Colorado (about 160 miles) is truly 1 of those ULTIMATE road trips I never get tired of. And that is the route we will be going on Monday July 25 on our way to Denver. We have 5 or 6 Corvairs lined up for this trip. Steve Caskey and his wife (coming from Southern Washington) will be joining us while they are on their ultimate road trip going thru the southwest. A Rampside from Prescott AZ, a Corsa Convert. from Cottonwood AZ, a Corsa Coupe from Durango, a 68 500 from Durango, my 63 Rampside, and my wifes 62 Monza Wagon will be leaving Durango around 9 AM. If anyone would like to join us come on down to Durango. I know I am looking forward to this trip and that week. Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
I drive ULTIMATE road trips almost everyday