<VV> FC False Alarm Idiot Light

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 10 20:51:59 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin,
That is very strange to have both come on at the same time. For the TEMP/PRESS lite I would be curious if the engine was running hot or maybe your temperature "snap" switch is too sensitive. Did you mention you had just installed the "lower" shrouds?
How about the oil switch wiring? If that wire grounds out somewhere it turns on the light. As far as the GEN/FAN lite, it makes no sense why both would come on at the same time. How about the main power feed wire connector at the multi pin connectors? That can cause lots of strange issues. Engine and body grounds? Others will chime in with more detailed info than I have. Whatever you find please post the solution. And what year and model is your FC? Good luck.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301