<VV> Engine Cleanup

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 12:50:54 EDT 2011

With all six plugs out, you can add any popular soaking liquid. Choose one
or more:

Sea Foam Deep Creep
Marvel Mystery Oil
50/50 mix Acetone and ATF
Kerosene [an oldie method]
Kroil
Add more here

Also add to carb holes to oil backside of intake valves.

Sometimes it is better to start disassembling the engine before trying to
turn it, after soaking. That way you can find out which part/parts are
causing the stuck condition. I had a 64 110 that was stuck even when
soaked, but it became free when taken apart. Never found the part that was
stuck, they all looked good!

Of course if you don't need it now, just soak and leave for the next
person. 84 HP engines are not in high demand.

Frank DuVal