<VV> Corvair engine overhung, no rear mount.

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 22:58:45 EDT 2011

VW's can get away with no rear mount as the engine is shorter and lighter.
I have run many Corvair buggies and added a rear mount to all of them.
I remember once we had a dune buggy race at a "thru the woods" track with
jumps and hills.  The track was like a figure 8 with a long and a short
loop.
I came across the finish line and the other guy with a Corvair "overhung
engine" didn't.  We went back in the woods to get him and discovered his
engine had broken off at the bell housing and was laying on the ground and
his buggy was twenty feet away!
Since that day I always ran a rear mount to hold up the weight just like GM
intended!
Clark Hartzel