<VV> oil filter seperation

William Pierson billpier39 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 22:41:58 EDT 2011

I just had the same problem as J.R. only with a Wix filter. I sold Wix for years and use them exclusively on all my cars. The oil pressure had been flucuating on my 140 . I don't know if the loose plate on the filter caused that. I also had a leak as did J.R. I changed filters to a new Wix and had even a worse leak. Seems the C976 gasket for the oil filter adapter ( I had installed a new one) had sprung  a leak. It was too  large for the housing. I cut another to fit and e-mailed Clarks. They e-mailed me shortly and said their cutting tool was worn and were fixing the problem. So if you have any C976 gaskets , check them closely. Also nice to know that our vendors do listen and will fix their mistakes.

Bill Pierson