<VV> Need to update GM factory info on Wikipedia

David Newell chevrobilia at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:12:57 EDT 2011

Thanks guys...the info is easy and I'd be glad to add it but I've never added anything to Wikipedia. Maybe you could put the info in?

Here are the basics:

Corvair Production (Model years)

All locations are cars only, except as noted

Willow Run 1960-69
Kansas City 1960-61
Oakland, CA 1960-63
Van Nuys, CA 1963, 1965 & 1966
St Louis, MO 1961-65 (FCs)
Flint, MI 1961-64 (FCs)
Oshawa, Ontario 1960-66
Mexico City 1961-63 (CKD)
Caracas, Venezuela 1960-62 (CKD)
Bienne, Switzerland 1960-67 (CKD)
Antwerp, Belgium 1960-67 (CKD)
Copenhagen, Denmark 1960-61
Port Elizabeth, South Africa 1960-62 (All 1960 CKD models)

Note that WR, KC, Oakland, & VN were Chevrolet assembly plants with adjacent Fisher Body plants.

St Louis & Flint were Chevrolet truck plants, although Chevy had full-size car plants in both cities and in St Louis the plants were adjacent.

Oshawa was operated solely by GM of Canada Ltd.

The CKD plants were operated by GM Overseas Operations (GMOO).

My new email is chevrobilia at yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dave