<VV> My Corvair Stopped. Why?

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Jul 16 22:32:23 EDT 2011

Thank you to the many who have replied.  Happily, there is a solid
consensus on where to look, and even more happily, that consensus
covers what I was thinking.  But I am no mechanic, and electricity
and I do not get along well, so I am glad to have some reassurance
that I am not heading off in an obviously wrong direction.

By the way, for those of you who have inquired or simply wondered,
the car has the stock breaker points ignition in a DALE
distributor.  Even though the car is a 1964 I might qualify as an
honorary caveman for my reluctance to update to a newer ignition design.

I won't get to tinker with the car until next weekend at the
earliest, and even then only after the immense maple that came down
this week is split into firewood.  I will report back once it is running again.

--Bob Marlow