<VV> Tony Vizyak fire update

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 19:17:42 EDT 2011

Bryan,

Please post to VV:

All,

I was by Tony Vizyak's storage building recently, which had burnt to the ground in May. All the burned cars had been moved to the back of the property and the site cleared for rebuilding.

Of the Corvairs lost, there were what appeared to be two '66 (it was hard to tell the year) coupes, a '66 Monza 4 door, and a '67 convertible. The convertible had a/c and possibly a wood wheel. The only things that were salvagable among all the cars was maybe a set of bumper guards and some of a set of mag caps and a set of wire caps. Everything else was either burned up, melted, or rusted and twisted beyond all use. The two coupes had even been flattened to the beltline.

Also lost were a Corvette, two Cadillacs (one a limo), an El Camino, a '66 Impala coupe, a '65 Impala SS convertible, and a couple of other cars. The '65 may be partially salvagable.

Tony just called me and said that the insurance company was sending a check, and that he could have the scrap dealer pick up the remains. He could also salvage anything off the cars that he wanted, which as I stated, wasn't much.

He IS in need of a '65-7 right front fender for a car that WAS saved from most of the damage. Contact me at airvair at earthlink.net if you have one. (I'll also be at the convention.) He's near Sandusky, Ohio.

-Mark Corbin