<VV> Thanks and...

John Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jul 24 15:43:11 EDT 2011

All,

Thank you again for your suggestions in solving my clutch problem. As I
reported earlier, I used a Harbor Freight inspection camera and saw that the
end of the clutch fork was shiny new metal. In other words, it had snapped
off.

The car is back on the ground with a "new" fork and throwout bearing and a
new (old stock) stabilizer adjuster bolt. It runs very well, but (i)
shifting is a bit stiff and (ii) there is a problem with the  backup
lights--when I connect the wires to the switch, the lights are on no matter
what the gear. Any suggestions?

John Green
Silver Spring MD