<VV> Reusing LM pistons

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 06:47:59 EDT 2011

I've been gun-shy on reusing corvair pistons, as I've had quite a bit of
experience with pistons (Corvair) breaking at one of the ring grooves.
Probably from detonation in their past. If I ever do another Corvair engine,
I'll have new pistons, period.
Worst case I had was a '67 that I bought cheap that had a broken piston.
Replaced the bad piston (rest of the engine looked good) and test drove it,
and within 5 miles ANOTHER piston broke!