<VV> LM steering box

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 26 21:02:25 EDT 2011

On Jul 26, 2011, at 9:38 AM, Michael Kovacs wrote:

> Successfully rebuilt engines and front and rear suspensions. I do have plenty of
> tools, books and patience.

You can handle this.

> Just want to know if special tools are required and if there are any for sure
> pitfalls to avoid and what should be replaced?

I did one a long while back, so I may be forgetting something, but it's a pretty simple device.  Two bearings, two bushings, two seals.  I recall using a dremel to cut a groove in the bushing to get it out of the top cover.  You'll need a puller of some kind to get the pitman arm off.  I think that's about it.

--Bryan