<VV> Tornado damage

cmot at ix.netcom.com cmot at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 2 23:13:43 EDT 2011

------------------------------
I am just a few miles north of the tornado track in the Rt20 North Wilbraham
area and luckily had no damage. Have not been able to contact friends in
Monson yet, Main St there real bad. My wife worked in Wales and was trapped
there overnight, power lines and trees blocking all roads into there, spotty
cell coverage yesterday. They say may not have power to Wales for a week or
more. News is showing now some houses gone in Wilbraham, Monson, Brimfield,
Wales. Rt 20 through Brimfield where the big flea market is had direct hit
fortunately that huge event was just held and over, one fatality at a
campground. Most of TV news is focusing on damage in Spfld. Lots of crews
moving into area for cleanup from all over. Storm damage from Westfield to
Oxford, MA. South of Mass Pike Rt 90. One friend I saw today was in his tow
truck towing a ambulance to a dealer in W.Spfld and was on the Memorial
Bridge over the CT River in Spfld when that got hit and flipped the tractor
trailer that was on the news. Another friend was working the dump in Wales
and watched the funnel go by. Heard of a few people who just got into their
basements in time, went up after noise stopped and house, garage and cars
all gone. Probably 1/4 mile wide swath in areas from what I have heard.
There were multiple cells moving through, intense lightning like artillery
at one point, golf ball hail, crazy. Will be a while before all is known.
Chet

Message: 8