<VV> New Oils for Classic cars

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Jun 3 18:46:38 EDT 2011

Hmmm -- just bought some Saturday at Wally World.  Napa always has
it.  But if availability ever becomes a problem then one would have
to consider that as well.  That is why I don't use Brad Penn or
Amsoil, not that they are not good products by most accounts, I just
can't get them easily.  We also have several Mobil stations in town
that carry it, but even Napa is cheaper!  Eric

At 03:35 PM 6/3/2011, virtualvairs-request at corvair.org wrote:
>Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 21:32:33 +0000 (UTC)
>From: vairjer at comcast.net
>Subject: Re: <VV> New Oils for Classic cars
>To: Post VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
><1184195329.1220777.1307136753142.JavaMail.root at sz0143a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net>

>snip> I use Mobile 1 15-50 which says on the bottle "racing" and "flat
>tappet" -- interestingly enough some bottles say one, some say the
>other, some say both. Their Web site says both on their chart and
>both phosphorous and zinc are over 1200 ppm. I have used this for
>decades in everything from diesel trucks to tractors to
>Corvairs. You can get it in 5 quart bottles cheap at Walmart, Napa,
>or Mobile stations <
>

>Well, I used to use it as well, and it is a fine product....however,
>due to low sales volume, Walmart has recently dropped it from all of
>their stores insofar as I can determine. Even from the Mobil 1 site,
>Walmart is not shown as having it and I recently tried several
>stores from Illinois to Virginia to find some, and no luck anywhere.
>I used it in both my registered Corvairs and for the transmission
>fluid in my Cub Cadet lawn tractor.
>

>I recently purchased two five quart jugs of the 10W40 high mileage
>Mobil 1 which has higher than most oils in our zddp type content but
>sure wish I could find my 15W50 version.
>

>Jerry McKenzie
>PCCA Springfield, IL

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )