<VV> Convertable top adjustments, update

Ralphsebrell ralphsebrell at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 19:22:10 EDT 2011

Thank you all for your suggestions. The ones that I thought were most applicable to my car sounded like more that I could handle, so I waited till the local meet.
It was suggested that I take off the covers next to the back seat, exposing the gears of the top mech. I found all the large bolts on the dr side backed out some.The pass side were tight.
Since the switch for the top quit and I couldn't figure how to jump it out, I removed the spedo cables from the motor assy and used 2 drills to raise the top :-)
But the top only goes to within 4" or less of the windshield, Hmmm. I musceled it to where I could latch it.
Previously the top powered itself closer to the windshield, but the frame joints above the door glass was noticably NOT straight. (they look good now) ??????

Anyway FYI
Ralph