<VV> Removing a windshield

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 14:13:50 EDT 2011

Byron,

There are release agents (in spray cans or with brush applicators)  that
will soften the sealant that holds the rubber  gasket in.  3M and others make
it and Clark's has it.  So do  paint shops and paint supply houses.  You
will have to peel the rubber seal  back (use something non metallic like the
nylon flat tools glass shops use) to  expose the sealant and spray the release
agent in and work your way  around.  If you take your time you should be
able to salvage the gasket  too.  It has been a long time since I helped
someone do this, but I  remember that a warm day and patience worked well.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair