<VV> Fwd: Harmonic Balancer / Solid Pulley on 140

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sun Jun 12 19:05:27 EDT 2011

The use of the solid harmonic balancer [really just an inertia wheel] is not all that easy to define.  After literally hundreds of Corvairs going through the junkyard over the years we found more real harmonic balancers than inertia wheels by far.  Most of the inertia wheels came on low hp engines.  Very few on 102hp and 110hp engines.  EVERY broken crankshaft engine had the inertia wheel.

Personally, I see NO reason to use the inertial wheel ... Ever.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.