<VV> Harmonic Balancer

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:13:16 EDT 2011

The discussion on harmonics running through all RPM ranges is correct.
In some cranks, the harmonic balancer is needed to compensate for the
torque each power pulse puts on the crankshaft, and the crank actually
flexes, the dampner helps to even out the pulses, in others, mainly
the lower horsepower engines, the torque is insufficient to cause a
problem with the crank (it still does flex), so one is not
needed/used.  Mark Durham