<VV> Response to Harmonic lab sheets from GM on Dale MFG. website

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Jun 14 12:03:51 EDT 2011

It would be best to direct technical questions to Dale Manufacturing as this is not a do it yourself in the garage rebuild.  They have, or at least had, rebuilt harmonic dampeners for Corvairs and do know the proper materials which to use.

I should point out that reaching or exceeding the critical torsional point does not automatically break a crankshaft.  But it does create microscopic cracks that MAY, over time, lead to a catastrophic failure.  If one knows, or suspects, the crankshaft had been operated with the inertia wheel pulley it is the prudent thing to have said crank 'magnifluxed' before assembly.  Not a bad idea to have them all done.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.