<VV> Stock Corvair A/C Re: Icewater Air Conditioner

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Jun 14 23:01:16 EDT 2011

Eric,

You are SO right in saying that the Corvair A/C "if done right" can give
you GREAT cooling.  Many years ago after some "adjustment" on the temp
control internals, I was able to get our 1966 95 hp Monza to put out  such cold
air from the center duct that it would hurt my fingers if I  kept them in the
discharge air flow for more than 30 seconds.  My digital  temp gauge showed
the outlet air to be 38 deg.F. which is about as low as you  should go
without icing up the evaporator.  Try achieving that on  a modern car.  Son Jim
named our A/C Monza "Joe Cool" after the Snoopy  character in Peanuts.  I'd
say the name was quite appropriate.
Thanks for reminding me,

Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 6/14/2011 6:45:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,