<VV> Condenser, triac AND transistor failure

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 15 04:59:12 EDT 2011

I'm thinking back to an earlier time when I created an Anglo-American Sports
Bastard, an MG-TD with an aluminum block Olds engine from an F-85.  At the
time I was not sensitive to the nuances of automobile engineering and became
adept at replacing points and condensers.  They would regularly fry.  Not so
much in around town driving, but out on the road.  After about the fourth
set, I learned about ballast resistors which limit the current\voltage to
the coil and points.  I wonder if your coil is getting a full 12V all the
time, not just when starting.  It might be worth a check.
Jim, only American sports bastards now!!