<VV> Idle air problems

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 15 16:06:52 EDT 2011

Running a wire through the holes in the top of the cluster will work IF the blockage
is IN the tube or the air vent next to it. BUT, if the blockage is between the two,
it will not. So, if the wire doesn't do it, remove the cluster, turn it over, and stick
the tube from a spray can of carb cleaner in the vent hole. Cleaner should exit the end
of the pickup tube if the entire circuit is clear. If it does not, carefully remove the
tube with a pair of pliers (being careful not to crush it) and clean out the passage
between it and the air vent with a small sharp object. Then reinstall the tube by tapping
it gently until it is seated and shorter than the main tube. Oh, BTW, you should not have
the tubes pointing in your direction when squirting the cleaner through them.
The Carbmeister